Everything you need to know about the eligiability and application can be found here.
The application deadline for 2018 is January 26th. Please join our Facebook Page to stay updated on The Spark Initiative
Can I apply?
Applicants must be:
- thirty-five years of age or under (as of January 1st 2018)
- a follower of Jesus
- actively involved in their local Canadian church
- a Canadian citizen
- able to meet one of the following criteria
- started, or are in the process of starting a not-for-profit or charitable organization
- point leader of a social purpose enterprise within a larger charity
- owner of a business that supports the social sector by providing benefits & resources to those most vulnerable and marginalized.
application DEADLINE January 26th 2018.
For more information, read the Important Dates page.
we are excited about granting awards to:
- Leaders with an innovative approach and organizations that have a new idea and approach to major social issues.
- Entrepreneurial spirit & leadership experience. Our applicants are natural leaders who can take an idea from inception to completion.
- Key decision makers with a teachable heart. We look to work with leaders in the organization that are open to true mentorship.
- Organizations with a sustainable enterprise or fundraising plan. Organizations should have a plan of how they will sustain themselves financially after their funding has ceased.
- Applicants who have product or service already in-market, no matter how small. In-market feedback is crucial and we want our applicants to have a place to work from beyond the initial spark or idea. This means you can be a start-up or a fully operational charity.
- Accountable organizations and applicants who already have ways to measure your results/impact. Our applicants excel at creating measurable results and are constantly evaluating their programs.
We are happy to partner with Stronger Philanthropy.