The Spark Initiative
The Spark Initiative is a 10 month leadership grant getting behind the inspired spark of young social entrepreneurs. The application deadline for 2016 has now passed.
The application deadline for 2016 was May 20. Please join our Facebook Page to stay updated on The Spark Initiative
A TEN MONTH LEADERSHIP Grant FOR DREAMERS.
The Spark Initiative is for the risk-takers and dreamers who are already out there making a difference in their community. This is a 10 month Leadership Grant program that will give you access to funds (between$5,000 -$20,000,) training resources, gifts in kind from businesses across the country, mentorship by world class leaders, and a peer community of learners.
Applicants must be:
- thirty-five years of age or under (as of July 1, 2016)
- inspired by your faith in Jesus
- be a Canadian citizen
- have started, or are in the process of starting a not-for-profit or charitable organization
- or are the owner of a business that supports the social sector by providing benefits & resources to those most vulnerable and marginalized.
The Spark Initiative wants to help you ignite your dream, inspire you to go further, and instruct you how to grow your idea and organization.
GRANt RECIPIENTS RECEIVE:
- One-time financial grants between $5000-$20,000 to be used between November 1, 2016 and August 31, 2017
- Over $6,000 in professional training and development courses
- One year of access to one-on-one mentorship with professionals
- Over $3000 of “in-kind” business services and consulting
- Peer community of social entrepreneurs. Includes weekend retreat together in October
- Free publicity and promotion about your organization/product
- Regular prayer for leaders and organizations affiliated with The Spark Initiative
- Access to philanthropists and other donors to gain further capital and/or mentorship
What do you find the hardest aspect of your organization? If your answer isn't here then tweet me your answer!
This is an initiative of BIC Canada.